16.10.08

"A dog-sitter"

The door bell rang early in the morning. We don't get visitors so early in the morning, it was kind of strange. A peek out from the side window, I saw two of our neighbour's kids standing outside in the cold morning.

They have accidentally locked themselves out of their house while bringing their little dog out for his morning walk!

They couldn't get into their house and it was almost time to catch the bus for school. Hubby went round the house to see if there were any way to get in. There was no way and they couldn't get in touch with any of their family members. No one carries a cell phone.

In the end, they decided to just go to school without their school bags and left their little dog, Sairus with me!

I have never ever looked after any dogs or cats in my whole life. Leave me with a baby, a toddler or a young child, I would have no problem but a dog? What am I supposed to do with him.

After the kids left for school, Sairus was visibly upset. He kept barking and gosh, that was deafening. I gave him a dish of water and he drank it all and went on barking again...

I 'shhhed' him and he kept quiet. Amazing how a little animal could understand me. After a while, he settled down. When he knew I meant no harm to him, he just kept quiet and stayed in the garage.

That day, time went by like a little snail.....

The time for the kids to retrn home from school finally came. I brought Ann and Sairus out to wait for the kids and yes, he was ecstatic when he saw his little masters again! For me, I was just glad that I was not a 'dog-sitter' for long.


Sairus, that little dog...

2 comments:

Gina Choong said...

Shirley, a dog away from home and people he loved is nightmare to him. Imagine that happening to your kids. So he barked non stop thinking that his owners will hear him and bring him home. I remember when my old dog got lost. He was picked up by neigbhours who found him too cute and didn't want to return him. But he barked non stop and never ate or even drink any water. They fear he will die so they return him the next day.

BeLive said...

Yeap, that was exactly what I told my girl when she asked why was he barking. The strange thing was, he stopped barking when he was left alone in the garage :o

Your old dog did the right thing to your naughty neighbour ;)