27.8.08

The best of the best

My favourite TV programme since coming to USA is Iron Chef America. A programme from the Food Network channel. It is all about the best battling with the best. Each week, a top chef from any part of the world will battle it out with one of the top chefs of America. Using a secret ingredient, both chefs have to cook at least five to six dishes within an hour.

It is a very interesting cooking challenge. I have picked up valuable cooking tips from the programme and needless to say, various food preparation ideas too.

Last week, the challenger was none other than Jamie Oliver, the naked chef, my favourite chef. He is a great advocator of eating healthily. The past years, he has been campaigning to eat only fresh, healthy food in schools.


Jamie Oliver, picture taken from my TV set!

I am thankful that at Kai's school, they only served healthy food. No french fries and once a month only, they serve pizza.

No comments: