21.8.08

Back to New York City

We sent the Lim family back to New York City where they will be staying for a few more days before heading to JFK airport to catch their long flight back to Singapore. It has been a fun-filled time with our very first group of visitors but in every occasion, there will be a start and an ending.


Lunch with the Lims at a Malaysian Nonya restaurant. Oh, what a great Asian meal!

On our way home, we saw this...

hmm...since we are such a fine country, we should have this too.

It was really nice to have familiar faces in the house. It was really thoughtful of the Lims to have travelled 22 hours all the way here to visit us. Having little Linus and little Ann in the house, bickering with each other, was something that we enjoyed.

When we finally arrived home after a 3-hour drive. We got into our house and it was back to the same old atmosphere. I thought I was going to miss the noise but somehow, I didn't. I have grown? I have changed? One thing for sure, I no longer weep over loneliness. Have I gotten so used to living in the countryside that it doesn't matter anymore? Will I suffer from claustrophobia when I return home? I am not sure, only time will tell and only God will know...perhaps, God already has something in store for us...

"mummy, koko make me..." well, there is still the familiarity afterall.

1 comment:

petite fleur said...

Oh I know that restaurant. We used to go there all the time when I was living in NY - the food is very authentic.