2.7.08

Kids...they say the darnest thing!

Since arriving here, I have reminded Kai and Ann to be more independent and more responsible. At this young age, they can be responsible for their own toys and books. They have been taught to clear up after reading, after playing. "There is no servant in the house" is often heard at home. You cannot blame the kids for being messy when they grow up if they have never been taught to pick up their own mess!

Even for little Ann, I would ask her to keep her toys before she could bring out another toy to play. There were times when she refused or gave an excuse "I can't do it." But, there was no way she could get away with that. First time, second time, she tried...very hard but by the third time, she knew, it would never work. Each time she used that as an excuse, I would tell her "you can do it on your own."

Today, after shower, I told her to pass me the comb so that I could comb her hair...instead of getting the comb, I got..."You can do it yourself!"

Well, at least I know she remembered. ;)

No comments: