25.4.08

28 March

Kai started school today at the Alburtis Elementary School. http://www.eastpenn.k12.pa.us/alburtis/

This being his first day of school, I had to drive him to school. Although I have my licence for years and have driven only during vacations, I was worried. I have never needed to drive back home. With such good transportation system and staying in such great location, a car was only a luxury item. But here, a car was a NEED. It was THE only form of transportation.

I was trained to drive a right-hand-drive car. Here it was left-hand drive and you must always stay right, even after turning left. Gosh, it was a huge challenge. Many times to indicate a direction change, the wipers would be activated instead!

With God's help and protection, we finally arrived. The staff there put us at ease. I knew Kai would be in good hands.

Kai started his first day of school in USA.

Driving in US have many challenges. you would need to give way to the train passing by.


The train passing by


Well, if you got a long train, you could wait for a LONG time

Apart from these, you got to be careful of the older folks driving. Some very, very elderly folks were still driving because that's the only way to move around. Also, there would be kids on skates, bicycles and skate-scooters. So why complain when you only have the traffic lights to stop for back home?

No comments: