22.5.08

From city dweller to farmer

That was what Barb was trying to get me to do, be a famer! She was very kind to give me some plants and by summer, they should bear fruits.


My humble vegetable patch. The big bush that you see, it is the hollies! Yes, the Christmas hollies. I hope I can capture a picture of it to show you later in the year


Mint. Hubby and I love drinking mint tea. It has become part of our diet, even before we came here. Now that we have our own mint leaves, it has become a much greater joy sipping the tea


From your left : cherry tomato, tomato and cucumber. Well, will see if this city dweller will indeed be a successful farmer

Look out for more adventures in our journey...as we venture on our first road trip to...CANADA!


Cooking...

it's not just a great therapy but also a great bonding tool.

Lunch time is often just Ann and myself. It's usually simple. No matter how simple it can be, I always make it an effort to cook it myself. I hope I can leave this legacy of cooking and baking to my kids. Nothing can be compared to having a meal with your loved ones. Just relaxing and enjoying a good meal with good companions is heavenly.

Homecooked meal is simple. It need not be elaborate or tedious. The secret to not having alot to clean up and wash up after a meal, is to wash and clean as you cook. Example, while the chicken is frying in the pan, you do not need to stand and stare at the chicken in the pan, you could wash up the chopping board used to cut up the chicken. This tip I learned it from my Home Economics teacher when I was doing my 'O' levels in SCGS. Usually, for me, the only thing left to wash up after cooking, is the last utensil. In this example, would be the frying pan.

Today, Ann and I did an easy, peasy, crispy thin pizza. If you love Spizza, thin and crispy crust, this would be it and without spending a bomb.


All the ingredients that were needed : tomato sauce, cheddar and mozarella cheese, pita bread, bacon bits and salami


Squeezed the tomato sauce on the pita bread and spread it out evenly


Sprinkle cheddar cheese generously


Lay the salami individually


Pour and spread out the bacon bits


Finally, spread the mozarella cheese on top of the salami and bacon bits


Baked in a pre-heated oven at 350 deg F. As nothing is raw, once the cheese has melted, you can remove it from the oven


Lunch is served. Thin and crispy pizza with corn chips and salsa sauce.

There you have it. All kids love pizza. Instead of potato chips, replace them with corn chips, this is a healthy meal. The double cheese are a great source of calcium. Served it with juice or honey water. Ann's choice - honey water.

1 comment:

linusmark said...

Hello Ann mei-mei, we can compare our cooking skills when you return... daddy taught me to make pizza too but yours looks more delicious!